Wednesday 31 October 2012

One afternoon, two garden beds

After working to create a brand new veggie garden for Men of the Trees yesterday it inspired me to get working on my own garden here! Earlier in the week Miles and I staked out where all the raised beds will go in the front yeard, but one bed placement was being impeded by my kaffir lime tree (the little tree in between the two shrubs in the top photo). So I decided to reuse one of the square raised garden beds I had at the old Yokine rental house, to fit in between the kaffir lime and where the other raised bed in planned to go.
Here are some photos of the process...
Before I started. Ground slopes up in two directions so some shoveling was required

First attempt of leveling the bed by raising up one corner to be higher, but I was worried soil would leak out the bottom over time, so I decided to dig in the one corner into the hillside instead.

Final bed placement properly leveled, and filled with soil.

Seedlings planted! Spaghetti squash & pumpkins


I had a few too many seedlings for just the front yard, so I planted the leftovers in the second square bed that Dave filled up with soil round the side of the house that was just sitting there. So there, everything planted!! Time for a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment