Thursday 18 October 2012

This is going to take awhile...

I have been slowly working on turning my front yard from the ugly sandy mess it is now into three lovely terraced garden beds. I started growing the veggies to sow into them about three weeks ago, and now that most of them have sprouted and are looking strong enough to get into the ground the time has come get the garden beds ready to go. I had started ripping all the old weeds out last week, but this proved extremely time consuming and a killer on the back, so took ages to get it done. Thankfully I finished that horrible job today for the first terrace and now can move onto actually making the supports to keep the dirt in place and start wheeling in the nice soil I had delivered a couple weeks back.
Here are a few action shots of how it's all shaping up. Now I need to level out the terraces as they slope up in both directions, which should prove an interesting challenge.
Before the weeding and turning over of soil


Nearing the end of tedious amounts of weeding

String for leveling and starting to level the bed


 Next: To figure out how to make the terrace supports! Bunnings here I come...
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment