Wednesday 10 October 2012

Epidosde I: Return of the Garden Bed

Seeing as my raised bed is currently full, I had a hankering for more space! I kept walking past a little unused corner of my backyard between the back deck and the veggie patch that just cried out for another raised bed. After purchasing my new Birdies raised garden bed kit, began the fun part of assembly and setup!
 (For scale purposes the finished bed measured in at 900x2400x400cm high plus the wooden sleepers we added to the base to increase it's height.) We will be soon adding the reticulation system and then hopefully I'll get to start planting my seedlings. I bought some pre-sprouted peppers and capsicums, and am currently growing some squash and pumpkin from seed in trays. Looking forward to seeing them shoot up so I can get them in the ground. A big thanks to my good friend Mark who came round and helped us out with the sawing, heavy lifting, soil moving and general all purpose handymanning, great job!! :) (Oh and Dave too who always gets roped into my 'little' projects!)
Starting to assemble. Pillow for added comfort.

Finished! Teeny tiny pepper plant for sizing :)

The boys hard at work! (I directed)

Moving the jarrah wooden sleepers into position under the raised bed.

More sawing required

Measurre once cut twice! ...wait I think we got that wrong.

Proud owner of new veggie patch!

Thanks Mark!

Tah Dah! (Sorry about it being sideways, I can't figure out how to rotate photos in here. :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment