|The base at the very beginning! The hard work all before us.|
|Bottom refractory bricks placed, ready for the dome to be put on.|
|We got the help of a few of our mates, as each piece of the dome was around 100kgs each. I directed and generally made sure all fingers were still attached at the end of the process.|
The joins between the pieces filled, ready for insulation and rendering.
|In hindsight we started rendering a little late, and ended up finishing the render in the dark. Living room lamps and camping lantern came in very handy!|
|Getting close to the end, some fully rendered, and front face spray painted with a high heat enamel paint.|
|We decided to do a mosaic tile around the base of the oven, and had a custom slab of marri made for the front assembly area.|
|Our friend Mark enjoying his first homemade pizza from our oven!|