Monday 2 September 2013

Recycled Pallet Workbench

I saw a bench made out of a recycled pallet on a particularly awesome Pintrest board (Thanks Clay!), and after I saw it I knew I had to make one for myself. I had already been looking at getting a workbench to put in my craft room, and after seeing some at IKEA for between $399 to $699 (which is just crazy) I decided to recycle some things we already had lying around the house and make one. Everything aside from the wooden top and screws are recycled. The pallet was what the limestone blocks got delivered on for the pizza oven base, and the legs are out of wood I found lying under the house. Even the paint was already in the shed from the previous owners and got put to good use. It went together pretty quickly, and I'm really happy with the result. Who needs an expensive workbench when you can make something yourself for the grand total of $33 dollars! The wood top was $20 and the screws $13.Take that IKEA!
The sad lonely pallet before inspiration struck. It was going to be broken up and thrown out, and I only took this pic to give to the mover for getting the pizza oven into our backyard.

Base all built and half painted
The finished product! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment